Life and Business Coaching Roles
While the concept of life and business coaching might seem easy to grasp, less clear is how it works. People who have considered getting a life coach wonder if it will work with them given the difficulty they may have had in trying to achieve a certain goal such as going back to school to earn a degree or improving health and well-being by stopping smoking. People who want to achieve more success as business entrepreneurs or leaders may wonder if working with a business coach can help them achieve their goals.
Understanding the role of the client and the coach is a great starting point in being able to use this very helpful resource. Listed below are some of the primary roles of each party. While this list is not exhaustive, it does provide an overview of the relationship.
My Role as Coach
- Listen to you carefully and work toward understanding what your goals are.
- Provide the necessary feedback, support, and accountability to help you succeed.
- Work with you as a team to help you develop a plan of action to achieve your goals.
Your Role as Client
- Make the coaching sessions a priority. Show up on time, ready to work on your goals.
- Complete between session homework assignments.
- Provide feedback on what works and doesn’t work for you.
Life and business coaching is an active relationship that involves helping clients find ways to solve challenges in their lives and attain goals they have. The coach is not an expert that has all of the answers. Instead, the coach works with the client to help him or her develop innovative ways to solve problems and achieve goals.
Now is always the time to begin working on achieving your goals. Perhaps you got sober five years ago and want to go back to school to earn a degree or maybe you are a budding business entrepreneur who wants to take your business to the next level but doesn’t know where to start.
Life and business coaching is a great resource that can help you succeed.